Friday, April 9, 2010

On Easter day, while I was with the family at the park celebrating Easter and also one of my sister's birthday I felt the earthquake. The moment that the earthquake hit, we were all playing volleyball. All of a sudden everybody was feeling dizzy because of the earthquake. Then I viewed how all of the trees and the floor was moving, not fast but smooth. It was like if the earth was just being rocked slow. To me the earthquake felt like it was two minutes, but the news reporters say it was 39 seconds only. Everyone didn't know what to do, but stand. However, standing made it even worse because you will feel dizzy so we then sat down until the earthquake stopped. Others were holding on to a tree or stood where they were. i have felt before earthquakes that come hard and shakes everything, but this one was very different from the other ones. I thought it was just my imagination that the earthquake was slow and smooth because we were at the park, but those who were home did felt it the same way as i did. I believe everyone on Easter day who felt the earthquake was pretty shocked just as me to have felt an earthquake that was smooth and different from the past earthquakes that we have had.

No comments:

Post a Comment